This page describes my policy positions from the 2016 Eugene City Council campaign.
I have worked on issues and policy as a volunteer for well over a decade. No other Ward 1 Council candidate can say that. My advocacy and volunteering are aligned with the values of the ward, and I'm proud to name these priorities, with some detail around them.
- Government Accountability
- Housing Affordability
- Climate Change Action
- Jobs and the Economy
In response to public discussion in spring, I have decided to weigh in publicly on one other important issue:
I have spoken before City Council many times. Here is a selection of public testimony on topics that have surfaced during the campaign.
- In support of Council action to adopt local observance of Indigenous Peoples Day (March 2016)
- In support of Vision Zero and transportation safety (March 2016)
- In support of implementation of the Climate Recovery Ordinance (July 2016)
- On South Willamette and related planning issues (September 2016)
There has been some misinformation about my role in the Seneca biomass plan. For a resolution to this confusion, please see this Eugene Weekly blog post.